Restore your smile
The loss of a tooth can be distressing and have a considerable impact on your day-to-day life. At Finkle Hill Dental, we see implants as a normal, modern way to replace teeth and allow you to smile and live your life with confidence.
When considering implants, you want to know you’re in safe hands. We’ve been delivering implants here for many years:
- Our specialist team are highly qualified. Dr Matthew Gahan has been placing implants for almost 20 years and is registered with the General Dental Council as a Restorative Dentistry specialist.
- Our modern, digital practice has all the technology and specialist equipment required to deliver implants effectively.
- We use Swiss made Straumann or Tri-Care implant systems as standard - widely regarded as the best implants available.
- We can deliver anything from single implants to full arches.
- Our dental implant prices start from £2600.
Book in for a consultation.
Your specialist implant dentists
Our dental implant care is delivered by Dr Cliff Palmer and Dr Matthew Gahan. Collectively they have over 20 years’ experience in implant placement, successfully resolving a wide range of cases from simple replacements to complex care.
Dental implants offer many advantages over dentures.:
- A permanent and natural-looking solution to replace missing teeth. They look and feel like natural teeth and you care for them just as you would your natural teeth.
- You don’t have to worry about them coming loose or falling out of place. So, you can eat, talk, laugh and go about your daily life with confidence.
- Because they are anchored into your jaw, dental implants allow you to bite with the same amount of force as your natural teeth.
- They’re custom-made to fit the shape of your face, so they look totally natural and you can enjoy a comfortable fit, without any rubbing or irritation.
- In place of natural tooth roots, dental implants stimulate the jawbone, which prevents bone loss and allows you to maintain a more youthful appearance.
What can I expect at my dental implant appointments?
We will assess your mouth health and your overall suitability for a dental implant. You may have X-rays or a 3D scan to assess the amount of bone in your jaw and its quality. In most cases an implant can be placed, however if there isn’t a sufficient amount of bone or it isn’t strong enough, you may need to have a bone graft before having the implants and allow for the area to heal first. But in most cases, the bone can be built up at the same time as having the dental implant placed.
Inserting the dental implant is done under local anaesthetic and is painless. The procedure will take between 45 and 75 minutes. The dental implant is left to heal for several weeks. This is to give time for the bone in your jaw to attach itself to the implant and new bone graft.
We will review the implant after placement to ensure the site is healing well.
When the bone in your jaw has attached itself to the implant and new bone graft, the final crown, bridge or denture can be attached.
At Finkle Hill we always strive to deliver the very best quality of care and expertise. This is why we believe that it is worth investing in state of the art technology which enables us to plan and deliver treatment with fantastic results. We have a CBCT scanner (cone beam computer tomography) which will further help our dentists to plan treatments such as implant placements, root canal treatment and extractions. We also use ITERO for digital scanning.
200+ 5* Reviews
Your questions about dental implants answered.
Dental implants are titanium or ceramic screws placed into the jawbone to replace the root of a missing tooth. There are different types of dental implants. They can support one or more false teeth and can also be used for crowns, bridges and dentures. Titanium is used because it is accepted well by the body and fuses easily with the surrounding bone it has been implanted into.
Dr Gahan uses Straumann dental implants considered by most implantologists to offer the best dental implant system thanks to its quality manufacturing and high success rate among patients.
They have shown 95-99% survival rates in clinical studies. Straumann apply a special coating called SLActive® to their dental implants, which increases the healing bond between implant and bone. This means the crown can be fitted to the implant around six weeks from the implant being placed, rather than the usual 12-14 weeks.